Shop Pgh and Beyond

Friday, December 01, 2006

She likes Blahnik just as much as Beckett.


Let's Start With the Basics, Shall We?

How to Walk in High Heels: A Girl's Guide to Everything by Camilla Morton

Not exactly Dickens, but snarky and smart nonetheless. Includes a section entitled "How to Pick a Shoe" by Manolo Blahnick, and covers--in detail--the specifics of selecting, wearing, and travelling in high heels. Not to mention the coverage of simple plumbing, technology, ettiquette, and finance. I wouldn't say it's something one should read straight-through, but a good standard to have on your shelf for all of those times where you find yourself wondering about silverware or starting a garden.

You know, I wrote that sentence and now I feel a little queasy. Lately, the domestic bug has bitten me HARD. I spent hours and hours selecting pillows and slipcovers the other day...and I realize that is time I could have spent volunteering or researching a humanitarian mission to Africa or something. It's a strange dichotomy being a girl, isn't it? I see one of my best friends setting up her hope chest, filling her room with glasses, dishes, artwork. We seem to be nesting. And isn't that a bit archaic? I feel like I should take my curtain rods back to Target now.

3 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger righteoustetris said...

I am a closet shoe-lover: I'm too cheap to buy what I find absolutely FABULOUS...

...but I will stare at them very hard and wish they were mine. This almost never works, so I'm going to live through you. Wow me with your wonderful finds!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes everyone shud know the basics of selecting the perfect shoes..not all will know how to walk on
high heels ..gud job done..this blog will make every women learn abt shoes..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home