Shop Pgh and Beyond

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Cruelty Free!

As I've stated before, finding shoes that are simultaneously breath-taking and cow-free is not easy. Back in 8th grade, I tracked down a pair of non-leather Doc Martens, rumored to be made of the same material that comprises yacht sails; my greatest accomplishment to date, despite their exorbitant cost.

Nowadays, PETA publishes all sorts of helpful information on cruelty-free cosmetics and companies. High end designers like Stella McCartney are catching on and using kind materials and methods.

There's Pangea. And no shortage of well-marked athletic shoes. But when you're thinking cute, wearable, and sturdy, it's a challenge to plow through the mall and find NOTHING. In the beginning, I picked Man-Mades that wear generally available at your cheaper retailers--Bakers, Target, Payless; the look without the cow (or the price tag). But lately, leather must have gotten cheaper or something, because it has gotten progressively more difficult.

Again, I can't claim that my 80+ pairs of shoes all fall into this category. I wish that they did. The spirit is strong, but the body is weak, you know?

Alternative Outfitters makes things simple: an actual selection of shoes for all occasions.

These are my favorites:

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Talking abt Athletic Shoes there are many branded shoes which can be bought at cheaper rates that dont worn out soon.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Selva said...

you have saved me 10$, i feel very much satisfied with your product i even like to purchase one more fashion shoes like this.....

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Sheepskin Boots said...

Cheap ugg boots Ten times better than the one on this post. Only for boots/shoes lovers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home